Manager, IT Application Project Manager
Define, scope, initiate and manage IT projects ensuring their successful and timely delivery. Responsible for the timely resolution of escalated issues and risks, directing the work and resource planning. Supervises teams of project management resources/ teams assigned to the project. Sets direction and goals for the project and is accountable for the final outcome of the project. This role will also establish and facilitate project governance and compliance through established standards.
1. Project Management
* Develop project plan and budget based on business case for approval by relevant sponsor(s)/ committee(s) and ensure they are implementable.
* Develop Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) to ensure effective resources planning and allocation for project teams and efficient identification and tracking of interdependencies between workstreams.
* Identify and highlight interdependencies between projects to ensure that potential project risks are mitigated.
* Liaise and negotiate with customers on project details to ensure alignment of project scope, resource requirements and project plan, and clear definition of project quality, risk, communication and change management plans.
* Define clear roles and responsibilities within project for team members (One IT, vendors, etc.) to ensure activities are allocated and executed by the appropriate team members and deliverables are of the appropriate quality.
* Perform project closure to ensure accurate closure of project cost accounts, storage of project files and post implementation reviews.
* Oversee the implementation the proper benefits tracking mechanism to ensure it is in place prior to project completion.
* Oversee the delivery of projects and conduct performance evaluation of project team members in order to ensure high timely and quality project execution and high quality deliverables.
* Chair and facilitate project status/ design meetings to ensure that all issues are addressed during meetings and the meetings serve as a platform for brainstorming, decision-making and issue resolution.
* Prepare clear communication, both written and oral, to drive decision making, obtain guidance and direction and/or inform stakeholders on project status.
* Oversee and advise on all project communication matters to ensure there is an adequate level of communication between all relevant parties within a project.
* Manage sponsor’s expectations throughout the life cycle of a project obtain buy-in from key stakeholders and senior management on critical project issues to ensure final project performance meets or exceeds agreed standards. This includes involving project stakeholders in the delivery process (e.g. definition of requirements, user testing, change management, etc.) to ensure a successful project.
* Establish appropriate project governance – including Project Steering Committees, working team group meetings, etc. to foster OneIT’s ability to make and meet its commitments and maximize the utilization of its resources by adhering to the governance principles in place.
2. 3-10 years experience in managing regional projects (must have multi-country & multi-business line experience). Project team size managed 10 -20+ FTE (incl. system implementation vendor); project budget managed ~USD 1M - 5M; experience with large-scale transformation programmes/ projects (incl. business change management).
3. Significant knowledge in insurance business across product, sales/ customer support, distribution, operation and finance reporting.
4. Strong change management skills and experience, with a proven track record of developing, implementing and maintaining business systems.
5. Ability to lead a team of IT professionals and business analysts in different project development phases in both technical and business perspectives.
6. Excellent verbal and written English communication and presentation skills.
7. Excellent inter-personal and negotiation skills.
Would you like to wake up every day driven and inspired by our noble mission and to work together as one global team to empower people to live a better life? Here at AXA we strive to lead the transformation of our industry. We are looking for talented individuals who come from varied backgrounds, think differently and want to be part of this exciting transformation by challenging the status quo so we can push AXA - a leading global brand and one of the most innovative companies in our industry - onto even greater things.
In a fast-evolving world and with a presence in 64 countries, our 166,000 employees and exclusive distributors anticipate change to offer services and solutions tailored to the current and future needs of our 103 million customers.
AXA Affin General
Insurance Berhad is a joint venture between AXA Group and Affin Holdings
Berhad. We are one of the fastest growing general insurance companies in
Malaysia, and the No.1 leader in Medical and Health insurance (source: ISM). We
provide comprehensive and tailored protection solutions to individuals and
businesses in the areas of Motor, Home, Accidental, Travel and Commercial
We pride ourselves in conducting business responsibly, and building long-term relationship of trust when serving almost a million Malaysian customers, with over 800 employees in 22 offices, as well as over 4,000 agents nationwide, as well as our brokers and key bank partners.
the best organization that demonstrate drive, commitment and tenacity to
champion diversity and inclusion with workplace practices that enable our
current & future employees to achieve work-life integration.
So, what are you waiting for? Come and JOIN us!