Assistant Manager/Manager, Industrial & Employee Relations
To handle the industrial relations and employee engagement (IR/EE) functions for AAGI independently. The incumbent will provide professional advice and support on both areas.
- Planning, developing and implementing human resources activities in accordance with Company policies, objectives and goals; serving as an advisor to management on matters relating to industrial relations.
- Provide timely communication to manager and union personnel regarding new initiatives and policies, including relevant regulatory updates.
- Assist in the development, interpretation, application and implementation of disciplinary guideline, grievance handling, employee counselling, performance improvement plan and other disciplinary related matters.
- Carry out various awareness programs/activities to ensure that all employees are made known of such policies and guidelines.
- Responsible for labor relations functions and maintaining necessary activities that promote the proper Union/Management relations.
- Provide technical guidance and expertise to management team regarding policies, procedures and problems affecting employee relations.
- Responsible for the investigation, verification and analysis of any misconduct/ grievances and complaints by the employees and carry out domestic inquiry as and when required.
- Prepare investigation/domestic inquiry reports for Disciplinary Panel’s deliberation.
- Dealing with union on IR matters.
- Maintain disciplinary action database.
- Drive and oversee all employee relations initiatives within the Company.
- Contribute to the development of the Human Resource function by developing an ER strategy that is aligned with business needs.
- Advise and support all parts of the business on employee relations matters to ensure their effective management.
- Conduct Exit Interview analysis and recommend improvement plans.
- Develop structured programmes and activities to drive employees engagement.
- Administer, manage and execute employee engagement surveys including conducting focus group discussions and partner with the respective stakeholders.
- Prepare Employee Engagement reports and updates to the management.
- Assess the quality of engagement through regular meetings with employees and provide feedback to the management.
- Facilitate engagement meetings between employees and management.
- Contribute to the continued improvement of the health of the organization by monitoring performance indicators, such as sickness absence, levels of grievances and work/life balance and developing initiatives and solutions to enable positive trends.
- Identify and implement positive employee relations programmes, as well as involve in employee branding initiatives in consultation with the relevant stakeholder groups that will lead to a more efficient and motivated workforce.
- Provide, develop, manage and execute e-onboarding for all new employees that creates a positive new hire experience.
- Responsible to ensure that the HR Portal are updated and user friendly for all information and document retrieval.
- Ensure that exit interviews are carried out and data are analyze for management review.
HR Administration And Reporting
- Interpreting and communicating personnel policies and procedure information to department heads, managers and employees. Responding to inquiries verbally or in writing.
Office Security System
- Provide the attendance report in relation to attendance, disciplinary issues and timesheet.
- Maintain the administration of all employee records.
- Ensure compliance to audit, legal and business HR policy and procedural requirements at all times.
- To participate in project when requested.
- To participate in the Business Continuity Process as part of the BCP team members.
- Degree or Master Degree in Human Resource / Psychology / Business Administration or equivalent.
- At least 7 years of relevant working experience in HR specialized in industrial relations and employee engagement functions.
- Strong knowledge of Employment Act, Industrial Relations Act and Trade Union Act.
- Good leadership and interpersonal skills, with excellent communication skills.
- Proficient in English.
- Possess good presentation skills.
- Proficient in MS Office programmes.
- Able to interact well with all levels of staff and stakeholders.
- High level of empathy, responsiveness and relationship oriented.
- High level of maturity and tact in dealing with all levels of stakeholders.
- Able to work independently and as a team.
- Able to work well under tight deadline.
- Innovative, highly organized, result driven.
Would you like to wake up every day driven and inspired by our noble mission and to work together as one global team to empower people to live a better life? Here at AXA we strive to lead the transformation of our industry. We are looking for talented individuals who come from varied backgrounds, think differently and want to be part of this exciting transformation by challenging the status quo so we can push AXA - a leading global brand and one of the most innovative companies in our industry - onto even greater things.
In a fast-evolving world and with a presence in 64 countries, our 166,000 employees and exclusive distributors anticipate change to offer services and solutions tailored to the current and future needs of our 103 million customers.
AXA Affin General Insurance Berhad is a joint venture between AXA Group and Affin Holdings Berhad. We are one of the fastest growing general insurance companies in Malaysia, and the No.1 leader in Medical and Health insurance (source: ISM). We provide comprehensive and tailored protection solutions to individuals and businesses in the areas of Motor, Home, Accidental, Travel and Commercial insurance.
We pride ourselves in conducting business responsibly, and building long-term relationship of trust when serving almost a million Malaysian customers, with over 800 employees in 22 offices, as well as over 4,000 agents nationwide, as well as our brokers and key bank partners.
We are the best organization that demonstrate drive, commitment and tenacity to champion diversity and inclusion with workplace practices that enable our current & future employees to achieve work-life integration.
So, what are you waiting for? Come and JOIN us!