Senior Actuarial Manager
- Evaluate financial soundness of various business initiatives for business decisions
- Plan and manage workflow for the team in line with priorities
- Supervises team members to meet deadlines and quality standards
- Review work of junior staff for consistency, reasonableness, comprehensiveness and suitability for purpose
- Propose and implement improvements to regular financial reporting processes, analyses, reports and documentation
- Ensure that the team perform model preparation and run with the calculation in line with specified methodology and assumptions and meet the required standard/guideline
- Maintain a clearly documented audit trail of data, assumptions, methods, modelling, process and financial results
- Drive capital management initiatives to allow for better use and management of capital
- University graduate in Actuarial Science, Mathematics or Statistics and preferably qualified actuary
- Minimum 10 years of experience in related field, preferably in financial reporting area; candidates with less experience will be considered as actuarial manager
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Detail minded, self-motivated, able to work under pressure
- Good command of both written and spoken English
- Capability of leading a team of 3 to 4 persons
Would you like to wake up every day driven and inspired by our noble mission and to work together as one global team to empower people to live a better life? Here at AXA we strive to lead the transformation of our industry. We are looking for talented individuals who come from varied backgrounds, think differently and want to be part of this exciting transformation by challenging the status quo so we can push AXA - a leading global brand and one of the most innovative companies in our industry - onto even greater things.
In a fast-evolving world and with a presence in 64 countries, our 166,000 employees and exclusive distributors anticipate change to offer services and solutions tailored to the current and future needs of our 103 million customers.
AXA Hong Kong is committed to helping its customers achieve stability and prosperity through providing a comprehensive range of life, health, property and casualty protection, as well as wealth management and retirement solutions.
We believe it is our inherent responsibility to support the communities we operate in, hence creating a sustainable business via constant and considerable contribution in the dimensions of health, environment and the community.
AXA is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to promote Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) by creating a work environment where all employees are treated with dignity, respect, and where individual differences are valued. We welcome and treasure diverse profiles to join our big family, and to build an inclusive culture together which allows everyone to maximize their personal potential.
1Based on 2013 Office of the Commissioner of Insurance market share statistics
We offer excellent career prospects and attractive remuneration package to the right candidates.