2019 Shareholders' MeetingThe Annual Shareholders' Meeting took place on April 24, 2019 at 2:30 PM CEST in Paris (Palais des Congrès). Many of you have completed the survey regarding the next AXA Shareholders’ Meeting launched for the 4th year in a row, and we would like to thank you for your support. Based on your answers, AXA Group is solid with a strong operating performance and close to its shareholders. Your questions notably relate to the acquisition of the XL Group and the Group strategy, its capacity to innovate and the risk management system. Thank you for your suggestions and comments that will help us to better meet your expectations.
Shareholders' Meetings and their roles
Shareholders have the opportunity to attend:
- Ordinary Shareholders' Meeting, held once a year to inform shareholders of the Company's business and earnings, approve the financial statements, the dividend amount, and appoint and reappoint Board of Directors' members.
- Extraordinary Shareholders' Meeting, held when the shareholders' approval is required to amend the Bylaws or for a capital increase.
- Ordinary and Extraordinary Shareholders' Meeting combining the two types of meetings held on the same date and called using the same notice of meeting.
Participation in Shareholders' Meeting
For participants, the Shareholders' Meeting is an opportunity to dialogue directly with the members of the Executive Management and ask them questions.
You may participate in one of several ways:
- Attending in person
- Giving your proxy to another shareholder, your spouse, or your partner with whom you have entered into a civil solidarity pact
- Sending the paper voting form to BNP Paribas Securities Services without appointing a representative
- Vote either electronically using the Internet or by mailing the paper voting form
Notices of meeting and other formalities vary depending on the type of ownership.
- For registered shares, the notice of meeting and access to the meeting are managed by BNP Paribas Securities Services
- For bearer shares, the notice of meeting and access to the meeting are managed by your custodian