AXA announces its new leadership team, focuses its organization on customers and transformation
AXA announced today a series of appointments to form a new management team that will support Thomas Buberl, incoming CEO*, in the definition and implementation of the Group’s strategy and management of its global operations.
The new Management Committee, AXA's senior executive governance body, will notably reflect the strategic importance of the Group’s interaction with its customers and its transformation ambition. It will reinforce the role of large countries (Large Markets) and Global Business Lines, while the Group’s Regions will be repositioned to focus on the development of emerging and smaller markets (Emerging Markets), in Asia and in the rest of the world.
Effective as of July 1st, AXA’s Management Committee will be composed of the following 10 members, including Thomas Buberl:
three members of the current Management Committee, with renewed or confirmed roles and responsibilities:
- Jean-Louis Laurent Josi, Chief Executive Officer of AXA Asia,
- Mark Pearson, Chief Executive Officer of AXA US,
- Véronique Weill is appointed Group Chief Customer Officer and Chief Executive Officer of a newly created business line AXA Global Asset Management,
six internally appointed new members:
- Benoît Claveranne is appointed Group Chief Transformation Officer,
- Paul Evans is appointed Chief Executive Officer of AXA Global Life & Savings and of AXA Global Health,
- Gérald Harlin, Group Chief Financial Officer,
- Gaëlle Olivier is appointed Chief Executive Officer of AXA Global P&C,
- Jacques de Peretti is appointed Chief Executive Officer of AXA France,
- George Stansfield is appointed Group General Secretary, with responsibilities including Human Resources.
Peter Kraus, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of AB, will continue to be a resource to Thomas Buberl and executives throughout the Group on a wide variety of strategic matters.
The breadth of global experience, the leadership qualities and values of this renewed Management Committee give me a high degree of confidence in our ability to lead AXA through the next phase of our strategic journey, thanks to a stronger focus on our customers and our transformation. I have shaped this Management Committee - both in terms of the executives and the allocation of responsibilities - with a view to ensuring that we will work and act collectively as one team to define and execute the Group's priorities, together with our 166,000 employees and distributors worldwide.
Following the constitution of this new Management Committee, AXA also announced the following senior appointments:
- Amanda Blanc is appointed Chief Executive Officer of AXA UK & Ireland,
- Nick Lane is appointed Chief Executive Officer of AXA Japan,
- Wilm Langenbach is appointed Chief Executive Officer of AXA Emerging Markets, EMEALA (Europe, Middle-East, Africa and Latin America),
In addition, Hassan El Shabrawishi is appointed Group Chief Innovation Officer, a newly created position in which he will be responsible for business model innovation, including designing, piloting and implementing new insurance and service proposals within and around AXA’s core value proposition across the Group ; and Rino Piazzolla is appointed Group Human Resources Director.
These appointments will be effective from July 1, 2016 subject to regulatory approvals when required.
Where required, effective date for a few organization changes listed in this note will be subject to consultation with the social partners.
* Thomas Buberl was appointed Deputy CEO of AXA on March 21, 2016, and will be CEO of AXA as of September 1, 2016.