This disclaimer is related to the AXA Group official corporate Twitter account, @AXA, to the account of the AXA Group Chief Economist & Head of Research of AXA Investment Managers @AXAChiefEcon, to the account of AXA Research Fund @AXAResearchFund, to account of AXA Lab @AXALab and to the account of AXA Strategic Ventures @AXAVentures (all referred to below as AXA's Twitter pages).
To begin with, content available from AXA's Twitter pages, is for the purpose of disseminating information free of charge for the benefit of the public.
While AXA will endeavor to maintain the accuracy of information published by AXA on its Twitter pages, AXA does not guarantee, and accepts no legal liability whatsoever arising from or connected to, the accuracy, reliability, currency or completeness of such material.
AXA recommends that users exercise their own skill, care, common sense and judgment with respect to their use of AXA's Twitter pages and that users carefully evaluate the accuracy, currency, completeness and relevance of the material on the website for their purposes. Any reliance a user places on such material is strictly at his/her own risk.
The term "user" shall include any reader of AXA's Twitter pages, whether or not that person follows the AXA's Twitter pages.
The material on AXA's Twitter pages is a summary only of the subject matter covered and is not intended to be nor should it be relied on as a substitute for professional advice. Users should obtain any appropriate professional advice relevant to their particular circumstances.
The material on AXA's Twitter pages may include the views or recommendations of third parties, which do not necessarily reflect the views of AXA, or indicate its commitment to a particular course of action.
AXA is the owner or licensee of intellectual property rights in the content AXA places on its Twitter pages. AXA reserves its rights to this material.
AXA's Twitter pages may contain links to other websites that are external to AXA. AXA takes reasonable care in linking to websites but has no direct control over the content of the linked sites, or the changes that may occur to the content on those sites. It is the responsibility of the user to make its own decisions about the accuracy, currency, reliability and correctness of information contained in linked external websites.
Links to external websites do not constitute an endorsement or a recommendation of any material on those sites or of any third party products or services offered by, from or through those sites. Users of links provided by AXA's Twitter pages are responsible for being aware of which organization is hosting the website they visit.
In more general terms, AXA is not responsible for the content of any website not operated by AXA and AXA accepts no legal liability whatsoever arising from or connected to the accuracy, reliability, currency or completeness of any material contained on any site linked from AXA’s Twitter pages.
As such, AXA:
- does not control or guarantee and can therefore not be held responsible for the accuracy, relevance, timeliness or completeness of information contained on a linked website;
- does not endorse, support or agree with the organizations sponsoring linked websites or the views they express or the products/services they offer;
- cannot and does not authorize the use of copyrighted materials contained in linked websites: users must request such authorization from the sponsor of the linked website.
Any content, views, opinions and/or responses to questions uploaded, expressed or submitted by the sponsors, advertisers or users of AXA's Twitter pages, other than the content provided by AXA, are solely the views, opinions and responsibility of the person submitting them and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of AXA. AXA is not responsible for content that users publish, post, upload, distribute, disseminate or otherwise transmit via AXA's Twitter pages. Besides, any user posting a content protected by intellectual property on AXA’s Twitter pages shall have obtained required authorization to do so and guarantees and indemnifies AXA against any claim or action that any third party’s intellectual property is infringed. The content of AXA’s Twitter pages may be quoted, shared or retweeted by a user of Twitter. AXA shall in no way be associated with such user and shall not be responsible for the content published on such user’s Twitter page.
AXA's Twitter pages may occasionally be unavailable and AXA accepts no responsibility for lack of service due to downtime.
AXA does not undertake to reply to any comments and messages received via its Twitter pages. Likewise, if a user follows AXA on Twitter, AXA will not automatically follow him/her back. For responses to queries or complaints, please consult AXA's corporate website at http://www.axa.com/en/.
AXA takes a strong stance on taking necessary measures to delete content which could be discriminatory, hateful or threatening and actions which may offend, insult, humiliate or intimidate.
When a user contributes to AXA's Twitter pages, he/she shall ensure that he/she:
- does protect his/her personal privacy and that of others (including his/her customers) by not including personal information about himself/herself or others in his/her comments, (such as names, email addresses, private addresses or phone numbers);
- does post material to AXA's Twitter page that is relevant to the issues being consulted on;
- does represent his/her own views and does not impersonate or falsely represent any other person;
- does not abuse, harass or threaten others;
- does not make defamatory or slanderous comments;
- does not use insulting, provocative or hateful language;
- does not use obscene or offensive language;
- does not post material to the forum that infringes the intellectual property rights of others;
- does not post multiple versions of the same view to the forum;
- does not incite, encourage or make reference to conduct that may constitute a criminal or civil offence or otherwise violate national laws;
- does not promote commercial interests in his/her posts to AXA's Twitter pages;
- does not post comments promoting personal professional interests;
- does not include internet addresses, videos, images or any email addresses, in his/her contribution.
Does not post anything which:
- racially or religiously vilifies others;
- incites, induces or aids violence, discrimination, harassment, victimization or hatred towards others, or;
- is likely to offend, insult or humiliate others, particularly on the basis of their race, color, descent, national origin, religion, ethnicity, gender, age, sexual orientation or any disability.
Control on abusive content
AXA expects that users will treat each other with respect. AXA will take necessary measures in relation to posted comments that contain vulgar or abusive language, pornography, personal attacks of any kind, offensive terms that target specific ethnic or racial groups or incite violence.
AXA will take necessary measures to delete comments that are spam, are clearly "off topic" or that promote services or products. Comments containing unsupported accusations will also be taken out of the discussion, subject to compliance with Twitter’s relevant policies.
AXA does not undertake to inform users when their comments and posts are removed, however AXA will warn and take appropriate action to suspend and expel users who regularly and consistently submit inappropriate content. Repeat offenders may be blocked from using AXA's Twitter pages indefinitely.
- The use of vulgar, offensive, threatening or harassing language is prohibited;
- AXA's Twitter pages are not open to the promotion or advertisement of a business or commercial transaction;
- These rules regarding control on abusive content subject to amendment or modification at any time to ensure its continued use is consistent with its intended purpose.
AXA will take adequate measures to monitor and remove as soon as feasibly possible any abnormal cyber activity that appears to be a cyber threat or cybercrime such as phishing or hacking.
Important Legal Information and Cautionary Statements Concerning Forward-Looking Statements
Certain statements contained on AXA's Twitter pages may contain forward-looking statements, including, but not limited to, statements that are predictions of or indicate future events, trends, plans or objectives. Undue reliance should not be placed on such statements because, by their nature, they are subject to known and unknown risks and uncertainties. AXA undertakes no obligation to publicly update or revise any of these forward-looking statements, whether to reflect new information, future events or circumstances or otherwise.
Social bookmarking and sharing
AXA uses social bookmarking and sharing buttons on a number of its websites. These buttons enable visitors to easily share content on AXA's websites via Twitter.
Link to the Twitter accounts: @AXA ; @AXAChiefEcon; @AXAResearchFund; @AXALab; @AXAVentures (all referred to above as AXA's Twitter pages).